- Targeted audience
- Angewandte Informatik Bachelor:
in Kombination mit der
2stündigen Vorlesung als "Datenbanken" im 5. Semester
- ISE Bachelor
Start of the lab: 16.-.20.
(depends on your
The practical course "Database Lab" is offered for students
"Applied Informatics" (DAI and BAI),
"Computer Science and
Communications Engineering" (CSCE)
and "Computer Engineering" (CE).
For students of CSCE and CE it is
Data Models and Databases
in the module
Multimedia and Internet
. For students of DAI it is part
of the course
in area D, and for Bachelor AI it is
part of the course
in the 5th semester.
- The teaching language is German.
- In weekly practical exercises, we will use IBM's DB2
system to solve the different stages of a complex
Students who plan to take part in the Database Lab will need the
knowledge from the
- The allocation schedule for room LF230 is available as an .ics download
- The course will use the computer pool of the chair of
Information Systems. The necessary login account will be
during the first session.
- The computers use the GNU/Linux operating system. A
introduction with first steps under Linux will be
given in the first
week of the course.
- Please note that the course language and all material used in the course will be in German. However
there is English documentation available on DB2 and Linux.
- Week 1: Organisation, First steps with Linux and DB2 (German)
- Week 2-3: SQL queries with DB2, includes recursion, triggers and views) (German)
IBM DB2, SQL