- Targeted audience
- DAI Hauptstudium with 4 credit points : Bereich "D"
- ISE Master with 4 credit points
|Mittwoch||14:15 - 15:45||LF/052|
Data mining deals with the extraction of implicit, yet unknown knowledge from raw data. For this purpose, there are methods for analyzing databases, in order to identify patterns and to perform abstraction, in order to produce valuable knowledge. The methods applied are based on machine techniques.
The course is based on the book `Data Mining' by Ian Witten und Eibe Frank
- Input: Concepts, Instances, Attributes
- Output: Knowledge Representation
- Algorithms: The Basic Methods
- Credibility: Evaluating What's Been Learned
- Implementations: Real Machine Learning Schemes
- Moving On: Engineering the Input and Output
- Nuts And Bolts: Machine Learning Algorithms In Java
The slides and other background material can be found here.
Assignments / preparation for the oral exam
- Examples for assignments can be found here.
for questions in the oral exam (only in German)
(consider also the repetition slides)