- Targeted audience
- Angewandte Informatik Master with 3+1 hours per week and 6 credit points
- Komedia Master with 3+1 hours per week and 6 credit points
- ISE Master with 3+1 hours per week and 6 credit points
|Thursday||12:30 - 15:00||LC/137|
|Thursday||15:00 - 15:45||LC/137||Ioannis Karatassis, M.Sc.|
|27.03.2017 - 31.03.2017||LE/313|
As usual, you have to register at the Prüfungsamt for the exams. Normally, you have to do nothing else!
We will schedule your exam during the period specified above. The personal appointments for the oral exams will be announced at our Web site after the end of the withdrawal period
Only if (and only then!!!) you are not available on single days of the examination period, please send an email to our secretary Fr. Ufermann. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Do not mail us earlier than 4 weeks before, and no later than 2 weeks before the exam period.
- Most likely, exams will only take place from Tuesday-Thursday, so requests for Monday or Friday cannot be considered.
- You should be available full-day on at least one of these three days - in case you are available for a half day only, we will try our best.
- In case you registered for 2 exams, both will be held together.
- In case you are not at all available in the above period, we will try to find a separate exam date for you. Only in this case, send an email directly to Prof. Fuhr, but not before January 15.
Emails not following the rules from above will not be answered (like those saying 'Please give me an appointment for my exam in ...', or emails not originating from an uni-due.de mail account)
- Extended Models: Propositional logic, predicate logic, ontologies
- Search User Interfaces: Query Specification, Presentation of Search Results, Query Reformulation, Supporting the Search Process, Designing the Search Process
- IR tasks: Diversity Search, Opinion Retrieval, Contextual Search, Social Media IR, Cross-Language IR, Classification, Clustering
- Implementation of IR Systems: Architecture, data structures, algorithms
- Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan, Hinrich Schütze, Introduction to Information Retrieval. Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Bruce Croft, Donald Metzler, Trevor Strohman: Search Engines: Information Retrieval in Practice. Addison-Wesley, 2009.
- R. Baeza-Yates, B. Ribeiro-Neto: Modern Information Retrieval. Addison Wesley.
- Marti A. Hearst: Search User Interfaces. Cambridge University Press. (2009)
- Some further IR books and course notes are linked here.
Literature on specific topics
- N. Fuhr (2014): Bridging Information Retrieval and Database
- N. Fuhr; M. Lechtenfeld; B. Stein; T. Gollub (2011): The Optimum Clustering Framework: Implementing the Cluster Hypothesis
For copyright reasons, some of the slides are accessible from within the universitry network only!
Topics in parentheses are not relevant for the exam!
- Überblick über das Lehrangebot des Fachgebiets
- Learning and classification
- Indexing and Searching
- User Interfaces
- IR Tasks
The goal of these exercises is, that students learn the usage of the concepts, presented in this lecture.
The exercises take place every two weeks. For the exact dates please revisit this website.
- Exercise sheet 1 (Introduction)
- Exercise sheet 2 (Predicate logic, Datalog, OWL)
- Exercise sheet 3 (Classification)
- Exercise sheet 4 (Learning to Rank)
- Exercise sheet 5 (Clustering)
- Exercise sheet 6 (Inverted lists, Web search) *14/7/2016*