Visualization of XML search interaction
Finished diploma thesis
- Stefan Beckers
- Initiative for the Evaluation of XML retrieval
- Good programming abilities in java(Compulsary)
- Familiarity with XML
Visualization has been used very successfully in helping people understand various kinds of phenomena. Hence it is a natural choice for understanding the behavior of users. This work is aimed to develop a tool to visualize the searcher's interaction with an XML retrieval system to investigate its search patterns. For this purpose, a new parametric information visualization technique is to be developed that presents the searcher's interaction using visual attributes in 2D.
- Development of abstract description of the visualization technique
- Implementation a prototype version of the visualization technique
- Implementation of conversion utilities for log file formats
- Investigation of patterns
- Pitkow and Krishna K. Bharat. Webviz:
- A tool for world-wide web access log analysis. In First International WWW Conference, 1994.
- George Din, Justyna Zander and Stephan Pietsch
- :Test Execution Logging and Visualisation Techniques, 17th International Conference Software & Systems Engineering and their Applications - ICSSEA 2004, Paris, November 30 & December 1-2, 2004