- Ministery for Education, Research, Science and Technology (BMBF), German Government
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Universität Bonn
- Universität Dortmund
- FernUniversität Hagen
- Technische Universität München
- OFFIS Oldenburg
- Fachinformationszentrum Karlsruhe
- Springer Verlag
- 20 Pilot user institutions
The goal of the MeDoc project is to improve information exchange among scientists and the supply of the researchers with relevant information. Hand in hand with the globalization of science, this is being demanded strongly by scientists of all subjects.
To achieve this aim, the Medoc Project comprises three areas of work:
- To stimulate the transition from the print media to electronic media with respect to books and also especially scientific journals. Thus, researchers can access the information they need from their desktops, via data networks.
- To build effective bibliographic databases and delivery services, to improve access and usage structures for information protected under intellecutal property rights and partly obtainable for a fee only.
- A unified user interface shall make it easier to search distributed and heterogeneous information providers.
These goals shall be achieved through building the so-called Medoc Service, a distributed information service for Computer Science literature. The literature shall be available as full text, the structure of the literature shall be maintained, it should be searchable and archived on a long-term basis, and annotations and scientific reviewing shall be possible.
Old Homepage (in German)